The Quick Paint Sale is moving indoors! Come to Kirkbride Hall at The Village at Grand Traverse Commons at 6:00 to shop all the great paintings created this afternoon!
A great event for spectators! A Quick Paint is an exciting, two-hour competition for plein air painters working on location. Artists will compete for cash awards, and the competition will be immediately followed by a quick sale! Browse and buy fresh, new paintings by up to 100 regional and national artists!
Enjoy an afternoon on the beautiful grounds of the Grand Traverse Commons. Pack a picnic, or purchase refreshments from on-site food trucks and the wonderful restaurants, cafes, and vendors located at the Commons.
Event Location: The Village at Grand Traverse Commons
We are pleased to announce that the location for the PGT 2021 Quick Paint Competition will be hosted by The Village at Grand Traverse Commons!
The Village at Grand Traverse Commons is one of the largest historic preservation and adaptive reuse redevelopments in the country. A beautiful solution to urban sprawl, The Village is the unique renovation of dozens of historic buildings formerly known as the Traverse City State Hospital. The Grand Traverse Commons is located just a few minutes south of downtown Traverse City and Crooked Tree Arts Center.
The Village at Grand Traverse Commons
830 Cottageview Drive, Traverse City, MI 49684
2:00-3:00pm: artist check-in
3:00-5:00pm: artists painting
5:00-6:15pm: live music (refreshments available for purchase from food trucks and on-site vendors)
6:15pm: awards presentation
6:30-7:30pm: quick sale
Artists ages 18+ working in all painting medium are invited to participate. Advanced registration is strongly encouraged, and is now open!
- Advanced registration before August 6: $15
- Advanced registration before August 6 for Artist Guild members: FREE
- Late registration for all participants: $25. Online registration deadline: August 10. We will accept walk-on registrations on August 11 at the event, if space permits.
The registration fee is non-refundable. In the event of severe weather, there is no make-up date.
Awards and Competition Rules
Who will participate: up to 100 artists, including approximately 40 PGT featured artists and up to 60 open division artists.
Number of pieces: 1
Painting time: 2 hours
Juror(s): Dan Lisuk
- Canvas/paper will be stamped at check-in.
- Pieces on paper should be matted. Pieces on board or canvas do not need to be framed.
- Maximum size: 24" on longest side.
- All painting media are welcome.
- Paintings must begin on a blank white or toned background.
- Artwork must be signed.
- Work must be created solely by the artist and done completely from life.
- Work must remain on display until the conclusion of the event.
- Pick up: unsold works must picked up on-site, immediately following the event. Abandoned artwork will become property of Crooked Tree Arts Center.
Sale event: an awards presentation and quick sale will immediately follow. This event is free and open to the public. Artists will use their own easels for the outdoor display and sale.
- Artists set the prices. Crooked Tree Arts Center will retain a 40% commission. The minimum retail price is $200.
- CTAC staff will process sales; checks will be mailed to artists on or before September 30, 2021.
- Prices are non-negotiable.
- Selling artwork outside of the Paint Grand Traverse event is discouraged and contrary to the spirit of the event.
- All participating artists: $500 Best of Show
- PGT featured artists: $500 first place; $250 second place; (6) honorable mentions valued at $100 each.
- Open division: $500 first place; (6) honorable mentions valued at $100 each.
With Thanks to our Quick Paint Event Sponsors